Last updated: 6. December 2018
Viking Heat Engines (VHE) operates http://www.vikingheatengines.com/ (the "site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data and the choices you have associated with this data.
We use your data to provide and improve the site. By using the site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We collect several different pieces of information for various purposes to provide and improve our site. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, email address, first name, last name, cookies and usage data ("personal data").
Usage data and analytics
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site ("usage data"). This usage data may include information such as your computer's internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data and statistics.
Other personal data that may be collected, stored and used are information, such as your name and email address, that you enter to set up subscriptions to our newsletters, information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our site, including its communication content and metadata.
In addition, we use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze the use of our site.
Tracking and cookies data
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our site.
Use of data
Personal data submitted to us through our site will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the site. We may use your personal data to:
1. improve and better administer our site;
2. send information relating to our business that we think may be of interest to you and/or that you’ve specifically asked to receive (e.g. newsletter);
3. allow you to participate in interactive features of our site when you choose to do so;
4. contact you by mail or phone, if you have requested us to do so;
5. send you quotes or other notifications you have requested;
6. deal with inquiries and other questions made by you that relate to our site and business;
7. provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the site and our services to you; and
8. communicate with you for other purposes that we inform you of when we collect your personal information or the circumstances allow.
We will not, without your express consent, give your personal data to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Security and disclosure
The security of your personal data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
1. We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
2. We will store all the personal data you provide to us on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
3. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Transfer of data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of data
We may disclose your personal data internally to improve our services. In addition, we may disclose your personal data:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
3. to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
5. to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal data.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal data to third parties.
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our site ("site providers") to provide the site on our behalf, perform site-related services or assist us in analyzing how our site is being used. These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use this information for any other purposes.
Third party websites
Our site may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party's site. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites.
Retaining personal data
1. Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
2. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
b. if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
c. to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal data we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. We may withhold personal data that you request if it’s permitted by law. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Please let us know if the personal data that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Sources used to write this policy: